cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

creating aliases

20vek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am trying to create interface aliases on 6509 switch here running 12.2 IOS. Here is an example: "alias interface ghost switchport access vlan 99". Created alias "ghost" runs fine on single interface but fails on interface range. According to Cisco it should work on interface range as well as on single one.

Am I missing something here? Is there a workaround for creating aliases for interface range? Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

jcoke
Level 3
Level 3

Looks like it might be a bug. I can do it on my Cat4.5K but not my 6500. The contextual help has 2 "interface" modes listed when one should be "interface-range." In the mean time you can use a Smart Port macro to accomplish what you need to do and it may even be more useful to you than the alias.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/smrtport.html

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it looks like a bug and I think that contextual help means that the same interface mode can be used for both interface and interface-range configuration. Thanks for the link it was very helpful and seems like it's what I was looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: