cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lobby ambassador - guest account limit 30 days?

dadeyoung
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway to change this limit?

I have a great and easy to use system in place except that some of our contractors go beyond 30 days.

This arbitrary limit is potentially going to screw the pooch on how useful this system perceived to be.

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

scottwilliamson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Daniel

I'm running version 5.0

Make sure that the defaults editable box is checked in the lobby ambassador account - then the time limits can be altered by the lobby ambassador when editing the guest accounts (under the advanced tab).

hope this helps

Scott

Sounds awesome!

I just can't seem to find the screen you're talking about.

I'm running 5.0 and I think I've been through every page on the system and can't seem to find it.

I'll keep looking.

I think figured it out. Are you talking about 5.0 WCS? I'm not running WCS.

I'm running the WLCs (5.0) without WCS (yet).

I guess I'll open up a TAC case to see if this is a point of configuration on the WLC.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yes - I was talking about WCS.

Regards,

Scott

krengasw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi dadeyoung,

No,you cannot change this limit on wlc.IT is not implemented on wlc.If you use wcs,you will be able to create users beyond 30 days.wlc has max limit of 30 days.

You can set a value of 0 on the lifetime of the new user. This then removes the user from the Lobby Ambassador list, and creates a permanent user account. The user is listed under the main Admin account in - Security > Local Net Users, and can be deleted when no longer required.

I am running Software version 4.2.99.0.

Hope this helps.

Marc

Hi,

I have the same issue. A customer uses the lobby ambassador account to create guest accounts. When they create a guest with lifetime 0, this user dissapears from their list of guest users. The customer wants to see this user also, and want to delete it if neccessary.

A way around is then to set the lifetime as much as possible, but 30 days max is not long enough. Is there another way to solve this issue?

sridhar_123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dadeyoung,

you can able to create a guest account for more than 30 days by using "*.csv" file, but when I tested this scenario, after 30 days, the user is not getting renewied.still it shows older value only

This issue already raised.

Regards

Sridharank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card