Location and bandwidth settings (CAC)

Unanswered Question
Apr 24th, 2008
User Badges:

Hello all,

I have a configuration problem with the location settings.

Scenario:

I have two independent locations (in one country e.g. A and B), which are 400km apart. Both use a link Metro Ethernet link between them (5Mbits), but the connection to the global WAN-backbone is only in one location (so A and B use both B's link to reach C) and has a slow link of 256Kbits. As the CallManager only allows B to be in one location and I must calculate the usage with 256 Kbits, I also effectively limit the 5Mbits link down to only allow a max of 256Kbits connections (g729 -> 10 calls).

I hope I described my problem understandable, any help and input appreciated.

Best regards,

Andreas

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mciarfello Thu, 04/24/2008 - 20:08
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

CCM locations are a star topology. Your topology is not. So C would have to connect back to the CCM Cluster directly.

You might be ok with locations A, B and C. Set A to none (if that's where you CCM cluster is), B to 5Mb (or lower) and C to 256. Phones and devices in C get assigned Location C. Might be OK since A to B is greater than A to C.

Otherwise probably have to use gatekeeper CAC. Put GK on a router at location B and C. Put bandwidth to 256Kb and ditch the CallManager locations CAC since you shouldn't (not exactly CAN'T, but shouldn't) use both GK and CCM CAC.

Actions

This Discussion