Views
Helpful
Replies

Location and bandwidth settings (CAC)

andreas.plaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a configuration problem with the location settings.

Scenario:

I have two independent locations (in one country e.g. A and B), which are 400km apart. Both use a link Metro Ethernet link between them (5Mbits), but the connection to the global WAN-backbone is only in one location (so A and B use both B's link to reach C) and has a slow link of 256Kbits. As the CallManager only allows B to be in one location and I must calculate the usage with 256 Kbits, I also effectively limit the 5Mbits link down to only allow a max of 256Kbits connections (g729 -> 10 calls).

I hope I described my problem understandable, any help and input appreciated.

Best regards,

Andreas

1 Reply 1

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

CCM locations are a star topology. Your topology is not. So C would have to connect back to the CCM Cluster directly.

You might be ok with locations A, B and C. Set A to none (if that's where you CCM cluster is), B to 5Mb (or lower) and C to 256. Phones and devices in C get assigned Location C. Might be OK since A to B is greater than A to C.

Otherwise probably have to use gatekeeper CAC. Put GK on a router at location B and C. Put bandwidth to 256Kb and ditch the CallManager locations CAC since you shouldn't (not exactly CAN'T, but shouldn't) use both GK and CCM CAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: