cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7921 CCM 4.1

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Call Manager version 4.1, and I need register the Cisco IP Wireless Phone 7921? How do it ?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Checklist for Deploying the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/5_0_1/english/administration/guide/7921cklt.html

Setting Up the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7921g/5_0_1/english/administration/guide/7921usr.html

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ricardo,

Just to add a note to the good info from Jaime (my 5 point vote for your great work and participation Jaime :) I wanted to throw this out just in case the 7921 is not available in the Device Defaults at this point Ricardo (not sure).

CCM 4.1(3) does support the 7921G depending on what SR's are installed. The configuration of CCM will determine what steps are necessary to add support for the 7921G as a selectable phone model/type;

To make the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7921G available in the Cisco Unified CallManager system, you might need to upgrade your system with the latest DevPack patch for your release of Cisco Unified CallManager. Check the ReadMe file (cmterm-7921-sccp.1-0-1-Readme.htm) that is posted with the firmware version 1.0(1) for more information.

Here is the info for the Device Pack that you will need;

4.1(1) - 4.1(3) Upgrade to 4.1(3)sr1 and install device pack.

4.1(3)sr1 - 4.1(3)sr4b - **Install device pack 4.1(36)

4.1(3)sr4d and later has support for the 7921G

From this excellent Readme doc for Firmware 1.0.(1);

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/ip-7900ser/cmterm-7921-sccp.1-0-1-Readme.htm

You need to install the Device Package (see readme) to add support for the 7921 in CCM. Here is a clip of the install notes;

Perform the following procedure to install Cisco Unified CallManager Device Package X.X.exe:

1. Download the ciscocm-4-1-DevPack-X.X.exe file to your hard drive. Make a note of the location where you saved the file.

2. Double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation.

3. Click Yes when the installation process displays a message that asks if you want to install this Device Package.

4. The remainder of the installation process continues without any additional user input.

5. Towards the end of the install it will prompt you "Update ALL devices firmware defaults?", (IMPORTANT) If you click "yes", it will change the default firmware load for all devices to the latest load packaged with this device pack, click "no" if you want to change the loads manually yourself later.

Note: In order to change the loads manually, you do NOT need to reinstall this Device Package. The new files will be present in the C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath folder. Go to CCMAdmin->System->Device Defaults and manually change the name of the load file (for specific device(s)) to the new load and click UPDATE. Next, reset the affected devices for them to upgrade to the new load.

The system will ask you if you want to view the logfile when the installation is complete.

6. Verify that the installation completed successfully by taking the following actions:

a. When the system prompts you to view the log file, if the number of errors listed in the dialog is "0", you can select No.

b. If the number of errors detected was greater than 0, select Yes to view the logfile and scroll down to the end of the log file. The errors section at the bottom of the log file will be updated with a corresponding severity.

c. Reset affected devices in order for them to obtain new firmware loads, or reboot the cluster.

Note: If the TFTP server is a separate server from the Publisher, the Cisco TFTP service needs to be stopped and restarted on the TFTP server before performing this step, unless the cluster (including the TFTP server) is being rebooted.

From this;

http://ftp-sj.cisco.com/cisco/crypto/3DES/voice/callmgr/4.1/ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-43_readme.htm

With the install of the devpak Step # 5 is very important. You probably don't want to change all of your existing phones firmware so be careful to answer NO if you don't want all models (7940/7960/7941/7961 etc) to have their default load updated.

Hope this helps!

Rob

EDIT: Congrats on the Gold Badge as well Jaime (it nicely changed as I hit submit.. pretty cool!)

thank you very much Rob, i appreciate it =) i was wondering last night if i would be on the next badge level this morning or thru the day but it was a nice surprise to see the gold badge, but it was even nicer knowing those last points came from you.

thanks for the support and the encouragement to continue on this Rob

regards

Jaime

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: