Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help on FXO port

esa786_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Friends. One Basic question.

I have 4 FXO port on my router. I want to know whether i can use this 4 FXO port for only receive call(inbound) from outside world or i can use this FXO port to make call to outside( outbound call).pls explain in details

Regards

Esa

7 Replies 7

Hi Esa,

Since you are talking about receiving calls from outside world, I am assuming you are having PSTN termination on the FXO interfaces.

If this is the case then you can have both Incoming and Outgoing calls through the FXO interface.

However if you wan't to restrict Incoming calls [no incoming], that't also possible. It depends on what configuration you do. As far as capability is concerned. Yes you can have both incoming & outgoing calls on the PSTN link terminated on FXO.

-> Sushil

Thank you Sushil. Just i wanted to know whether i can use for both incoming and outgoing.

Keep answering to forum questions and help others.

Regards

Esa

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

CallManager or no (CCME, H.323 only)?

CallManager MGCP controlling the FXO's or no?

For inbound only no CCM. (CCME, VoIP, etc.)

Just configure PLAR on your voice-ports to point to where you want the incoming call to go AND on your outgoing dial-peers, don't include those FXO voice ports.

For outbound only, no CCM, one way I guess would be to not put PLAR on the voice-port or maybe PLAR to an invalid destination. Outgoing dial-peers would specify the port (or trunkgroup of FXO's)

If CallManager and MGCP, there is a port direction parameter on the FXO port in Device -> Gateway. Never used it.

What are you looking to do?

Hi Thank u for your reply.I have CCM with MGCP gateway with 4 fxo port. So i can use it for both incoming and outgoing.if it is CCM, H.323 and with 4 FXO port, can i use it for both incoming and out going. if so how to configure it. I have to do it in the dial peers ? pls explain

Thanks

Keep answering to forum and help others.

esa

CCM with MGCP. Use the DIRECTION parameter on the FXO MGCP port configuration page. No dial-peer configuration on the MGCP gateway

Hi All,

I am in the same line, configuring MGCP in my 2811 gateway with VIC2-4FXO. My configuration is done, my gateway is registered, i can see the FXO endpoints after issuing 'sh mgcp endpoint', i can make outbound calls. But how can i configure inbound calls?

I have put one of my phone DN in the 'Attendant DN' field. But it always prompts the known unreachable media 'your call cannot be completed.....'

I am attaching the gateway configuration.

Am I missing something? Can anyone guide me please?

i dont know how this router working

is it gateway or gatekeeper coz you are configuring H323 & MGCP as well as gatekeeper

anyways try to onfigure incoming dial-peer

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

incoming-called number .

are you configuring a numbers for FXO ports in MGCP gateway in the call manager?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: