cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.0.1 DFM Questioned STATE (AGAIN)

tverhoeven
Level 1
Level 1

Well here we go again. I don't know what happened but all 600+ devices are back in questioned state. I have tried to rediscover and delete/rediscover but that has had no effect. Sticks at 40% for a while then back to questioned. I have heard rumours of a patch?? If this is true I would love to get my hands on it since my boss is looking to use this product for paging and notification.

Please let me know what I should be doing to keep this product stable.

thanks

tony

6 Replies 6

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I have that same issue as well. Ever since I upgraded to the LMS 3.0.1 this is an ongoing issue for me.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a class file available from the TAC (DFMInchargeSubscriber.class) which has been known to fix this problem in some cases. The patch is still experimental, so your results may vary.

As a workaround, disabling rediscovery in DFM should keep the devices known.

Any update on this issue? I noticed today all my devices are back in questioned state too. I had a similar issue when we first migrated to LMS3.0.1 and the TAC engineer had me replace sm_sms.dll, but the issue seems to be back. Should I contact TAC and get the new class file?

The DLL patch is part of DFM 3.0.3 and has no bearing on the Questioned problem. There is a DFMInChargeSubscriber.class that should fix this problem. That patch will be part of DFM 3.1.

can you publish this patch, or do we have to open a TAC case?

You have to open a TAC service request.