cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.0.1 DFM Questioned STATE (AGAIN)

tverhoeven
Level 1
Level 1

Well here we go again. I don't know what happened but all 600+ devices are back in questioned state. I have tried to rediscover and delete/rediscover but that has had no effect. Sticks at 40% for a while then back to questioned. I have heard rumours of a patch?? If this is true I would love to get my hands on it since my boss is looking to use this product for paging and notification.

Please let me know what I should be doing to keep this product stable.

thanks

tony

6 Replies 6

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I have that same issue as well. Ever since I upgraded to the LMS 3.0.1 this is an ongoing issue for me.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a class file available from the TAC (DFMInchargeSubscriber.class) which has been known to fix this problem in some cases. The patch is still experimental, so your results may vary.

As a workaround, disabling rediscovery in DFM should keep the devices known.

Any update on this issue? I noticed today all my devices are back in questioned state too. I had a similar issue when we first migrated to LMS3.0.1 and the TAC engineer had me replace sm_sms.dll, but the issue seems to be back. Should I contact TAC and get the new class file?

The DLL patch is part of DFM 3.0.3 and has no bearing on the Questioned problem. There is a DFMInChargeSubscriber.class that should fix this problem. That patch will be part of DFM 3.1.

can you publish this patch, or do we have to open a TAC case?

You have to open a TAC service request.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: