Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS flow timeouts on bypass connections

simon.allen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We use an acl bypass on a CSS11501 to send client connections on specific ports to a database server behind the CSS.

The customer is reporting timeouts on the connection and I'm trying to find out whether the same flow timeouts used on content rules apply for connections that use a bypass acl entry.

If the same timeouts apply, is it possible to change the timeout value? My understanding is that timeouts can only be changed on a content rule and as we're using a bypass acl we don't have one!

We're using 08.10 software.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the same timeout applies to all connections going through the CSS.

But you can't change the timeout for traffic not hitting a content rule or a group.

What you can do is disable the flow timeout for a particular tcp port with the command 'flow permanent port1 '

Gilles.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the same timeout applies to all connections going through the CSS.

But you can't change the timeout for traffic not hitting a content rule or a group.

What you can do is disable the flow timeout for a particular tcp port with the command 'flow permanent port1 '

Gilles.

Thanks Giles, I'll try that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: