cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking a DN

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We have CCM 6.0.1 and I want to hide the DN of a device when the user makes a call. Is the information displayed on the called party's phone from the Directory Number Information area in the Directory Number Configuration page?

If not how do you hide the calling party's number?

7 Replies 7

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use Call Display Restrictions to accomplish this. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_4/ccmfeat/fshosp.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

All the phones are in the same partition. When I check ignore presentation indicators is still shows the calling party's info on the phone. Is there a way to just display the callign party's name?

The link above is not very helpful. There should be just a simple change.

"Ignore presentation indicators" is used when you have configured Call Display Restrictions, but want to ignore the setting for a particular phone. There is no "simple change" to my knowledge.

Brandon

Let me know of another way to block the phone number please~

that could still work but you would need to create a translation pattern that is a perfect match for the number you want to dial and then on the CSS make sure the partition of the TP is above the one for the real phone.

have you tried that?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

You can do it with translation patters:

create a particion (private) and a CSS (private).

configure the line phone withe the css private and normal particion. configure translation pattern with particion private and CSS normal.

put the name xxxx to your translation patter in the Calling Party Transform Mask you can put the DN that you want to show or you can choose in the Calling Line ID Presentation the RESTRICTED option that way the ip phone does not show any number and ready.

Thats the easy way I found.

and each phone that you put in the css private is going to hide the number.

rate if this works

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: