cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between IOS version 7.3 and 8.0

ray_stone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, May I know the difference between IOS 7.3 and 8.0 version and which one is better if i upgarde our FW in 8.0 version then all settings will keep remain or I need change some settings becoz VPN tunnel already created on my FW. Thnaks

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Can you provide clear information about the IOS versions you are using and want to upgrade as IOS 7.3 is not a valid version.Compare the command references of both versions before you go for upgrading. The clear information you provide will be helping in getting a better solution for your issue.

Patrick Laidlaw
Level 4
Level 4

Ray,

Notably the biggest differences at this time in my experience is the implemention of EIGRP into the ASA. ASDM by far is a much better gui for 8.x then 7.x. Support for SSL vpns is much easier over 7.2 not sure about 7.3. NAC Network access & Control is better integrated in to 8.x over 7.x but I hear 7.3 made some good strides.

Off the top of my head thats about all I can answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: