cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restrict Bandwidth

ray_stone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I know that Cisco ASA has limited QOS but is there any other way so that I restrict bandwidth usage on users and allocate bandwidth as per user requirements. I have 1mbps lease line link and when users download anything through internet then network gets slow and all users suffers so I want to allocate only 20 kb to each user, means each user will able to use upto 20 kb not higher than 20 kb. Thnaks

4 Replies 4

rkalia1
Level 1
Level 1

You can use MQC to rate-limit (Policing) the traffic and apply the service-Policy on the outside inetrface. Release 7.x and later provides this feature of rate limiting.

Hi Thanks. Is there any example of MQC configuration so that it would be easy for me to configure. Thanks

I recently use this conf to limit bandwidth used by internal users conecting to an external terminal server.

access-list acl_QoS extended permit tcp any any eq 3389

class-map class_QoS

match access-list acl_QoS

policy-map outside_policy

class class_ QoS

police output 56000 1500

service-policy outside_policy interface outside

I can see that ASA restrict no tonly outgoing but returning traffic matched by this ACL.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card