Apr 25 16:29:50 WST: clock change done for int ATM2/0

Apr 25 16:29:53 WST: clock change removed for int ATM2/0

Any idea what this log mean

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

mahesh

Those log message would seem to indicate that there was a problem with interface ATM2/0. The clock change removed and clock change done would seem to indicate a signaling problem - which is probably a provider error.

If interface ATM2/0 is how you access your BGP peer the problem on the interface probably explains why BGP is down.

I would suggest that you check with your provider for the state of your connection on ATM2/0.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thanks for Reply,

whnei do sh BGP nei summ it show state as

active.so it is problem with BGP nei router

in clocking?

Hi,

it was problem with telco at central office.

dirty connectors.

it is fixed now

mahesh

Thank you for posting back to the forum and indicating that the problem was resolved. As I suggested to you, the problem was with the provider and not with the neighbor router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick

problem was with dirty pair of telco device at central office.

just one question though how you can find

that problem is not with BGP nei router?

thanks

HI Mahesh, [Pls Rate if HELPS]

The many cases by which the BGP Neighbor Fails,

A route-flap occurs when a BGP network prefix is withdrawn and reannonced; specifically, this happens when a BGP Speaker hears a WITHDRAWN followed by an UPDATE for a prefix. Whenever a network goes down, the rest of the Internet is told about it. Hence, BGP propages this state change throughtout the Internet of course.

If the State Change is caused by Faulty Circuits (frequently going up and down) or from misconfigured routing (redistributing the IGP into th EGP), the internet would experience several hundered BGP State cahnges a second. For every state change, BGP will allocate a time to process the work and pass on the changes to all other BGP neighors.

Hope I am Informative.

Pls RATE if HELPS

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

mahesh

Your original post included these error messages:

Apr 25 16:29:49 WST: clock change removed for int ATM2/0

Apr 25 16:29:50 WST: clock change done for int ATM2/0

Apr 25 16:29:53 WST: clock change removed for int ATM2/0

I interpret these to be more likely a problem with the carrier than with the neighbor router. (the neighbor router is usually not involved with the clocking of the circuit on your router)

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card