Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial plan with prefix 9

I'm trying to understand how my organization's dial plan works.

I dial the 7 digit extension (local calls) by adding a prefix 9. when the called party's phone is ringing, I see on my Phone's display that the 7 digit becomes a 10 digit. I don't really know where to look at and what is it that adds the area code. Can anyone please tell me where I need to look at on CCM4.2.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

call transformation can be performed using the external phone party mask on the DN config, can be done on translation patterns, route patterns, route list level and finally at the GW level.

check all those

it also might be that the telco is the one adding that, but you would need to get a debug from the GW to verify you're only sending 7 digits

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

call transformation can be performed using the external phone party mask on the DN config, can be done on translation patterns, route patterns, route list level and finally at the GW level.

check all those

it also might be that the telco is the one adding that, but you would need to get a debug from the GW to verify you're only sending 7 digits

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

thanks Jamie, I looked into the route pattern configuration page and it was listed under called party transformatons. really appreciate your quick response.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: