Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN CLIENT FOR VISTA

sibgathullah
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have ASA5510 and users are connecting through VPN CLIENT 5.0.01.0600 and its working fine for XP, but on VISTA first it was working but after some updates its not working, so is there any software that i can use for VISTA and any one can provide me.

Regards,

8 Replies 8

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

sibgathullah,

There is a newer VPN client release 5.0.03.0530. There has been many Vista fixes since the release that you are currently using. Please follow the link to download from cco.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=cisco/crypto/3DES/vpn/client/windows/vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.03.0530-k9.exe&app=Tablebuild&status=showC2A

Mark

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your answer Mark, but i dont have a CCO account.

Regards.

Dear Mark,

Thanks for the support, i got that version but still its giving problem with VISTA.

What errors are you receiving? Do you have Service pack 1 installed? I have heard that VPN client does not work yet with Vista SP1 (I'm not a 100% on that). Do you have a fresh install of Vista? Upgrades from XP to Vista are not supported yet either.

Mark

I have Vista SP1 (fresh install) and the new VPN client works, except for split-dns. The previous beta build I was running worked perfectly.

I figured out my own problem.

My home router was handing out public IPs for my ISP's DNS servers. I changed my home router to hand out itself as the DNS server (private IP) and all is working now.

I am using 32 bits & it was working fine till the user has recieve updates for operating. After the updates the problem started VPN Client was getting connected and he was even getting ip address from pool, but not able to browse anything from the company and with XP everything works fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: