cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cmexport on LMS 2.6

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

we have a script to extract data from UT. the -u& -p which is on clear text. I read able to hide.I'm not script person. is there any body to guide me how to create a file and create variable for cmexportfile and on which directory(path) should I placed it.our CW on solaris.

thank you in advance for your great help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The file can be called anything you like, and it can be placed into any directory. It must be readable by the user running cmexport. The contents should be the username separated by the password. For example:

% cat cmexport_creds.txt

admin admin

% pwd

/export/home/marcus

% env CMEXPORTFILE=/export/home/marcus/cmexport_creds.txt cmexport ut -u admin -host -query all

View solution in original post

Correct. The -u argument tells cmexport which username to use in the file to find the corresponding password.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The file can be called anything you like, and it can be placed into any directory. It must be readable by the user running cmexport. The contents should be the username separated by the password. For example:

% cat cmexport_creds.txt

admin admin

% pwd

/export/home/marcus

% env CMEXPORTFILE=/export/home/marcus/cmexport_creds.txt cmexport ut -u admin -host -query all

Thanks J. so

1st- I use this example

"% cat cmexport_creds.txt admin admin

create a file with TXT extension place on server run the script.

then 2nd-

add a line on my script using this example?

instead of the current -u and -p ? just to make sure. thank you so much again!!

Correct. The -u argument tells cmexport which username to use in the file to find the corresponding password.