Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Messaging Interface-Not Running

vineet_tiru
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

On the UCM 6.0 the Cisco Messaging Interface service is activated and when i check the status in 'control center feature services' it shows 'Not Running' and 'Activated'. If i start and refresh the page it again shows as 'Not Running'

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Vineet,

This interface is only used in CCM to Legacy VM integrations (via SMDI) if you are not setup that way this is why you are seeing this :)

Cisco Messaging Interface Service

The Cisco Messaging Interface allows you to connect a simplified message desk interface (SMDI)-compliant external **Third Party** voice-mail system with the Cisco CallManager. The CMI service provides the communication between the voice-mail system and Cisco CallManager. The SMDI defines a way for a phone system to provide a voice-mail system with the information needed to intelligently process incoming calls.

Genrally the Cisco Messaging Interface (CMI) is a Cisco CallManager service that should be run only on the publisher server. This service intercepts calls destined for voicemail and generates appropriate SMDI messages, which are then delivered to one of the server's Component Object Model (COM) ports.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e2f3.html#wp1024396

Hope this helps!

Rob

Good Call Rob! I haven't been online. but this is exactly what that is.

Randy

sean.rabbie
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I understand what the CMI does and is for, but like the original post....  I cant get the CMI to start and run properly.  It keeps shutting back down and we are connecting a VM system via SMDI, so any thoughts as to why it wont let us keep it running.  Also, I was reading in a different post that CMI is typically activated on the Publisher server.....  we are doing it on the Subscriber due to location.  You have any forseen problems with that?  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: