cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

easiest way to subnet

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, has anyone got an easy an quick way to subnet, ie a table that I could write down and work from that?

please help

1 Reply 1

keeleym
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Carl

Can I ask what study material you are using for your Cisco studies? IMHO the best resource I have found for subnetting is the Sybex book "Cisco Certified Network Associate" by Todd Lammle.

I had read some different resources on subnetting before I picked up this book and altough I understood subnetting, this book explained it in a way I found easy to understand and helped me get to the point that I can subnet in my head quickly. This is a skill that will be invaluable on exam day.

Even if you can not afford to purchase this title at present, I would recommend you check if you can rent if from your local library.

I have attached a document that I put together based on the material in Todds Sybex book. I am not sure how helpful this is going to be if you do not understand the teaching behind this.

I would urge you, that if you are serious about a career in IT/Networking then don't look for shortcuts, as you are only doing yourself a disservice. Get some reputable material to study and keep going over it until you know and understand it. This may take a little longer, but in the long run your will be a more knowledgeable network engineer and a valuable employee.

HTH

Best Regards,

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: