lms 3.0 What I do after this point

ahmed_saleh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

Please I need help in Cisco works LMS 3.0

I use LMS 3.0 in the first time

I configured LMS over windows 2003 to mange 1350 device

I used for discovery (the seed devices) I but in the seed file 10 IP address for cores switches and 2 core routers

When I finished discovery just see in map 10 devices but I have more than 10 device

CDP enable in network

I need to know also what it men about Default Credentials

Please I need example to understand I attached the picture to under stand what I do

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Campus Manager Data Collection will only manage the devices which are in the Device Credential Repository and have not been filtered in the Data Collection filters. First, you need to check DCR to make sure all of the devices on your network have been discovered properly. Campus Device Discovery only updates DCR with reachable devices. So while you have have a lot of devices with CDP enabled, if they do not have SNMP enabled, or the SNMP credentials you configured for these devices in your Discovery settings is wrong, then they will not be properly discovered.

Another thing that could affect what is seen in the topology map is ACS integration. If LMS is integrated with ACS, but all of the devices in DCR are not clients of that same ACS server, then you will not see them in any of the LMS applications. They will, however, show up in the Devices not in ACS report under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports.

Default credentials doesn't really come into play here. Discovery will add devices to DCR with the read-only SNMP credential it used to discover the device. That may be different that the read-only credential you have configured in default credentials. Campus Manager Data Collection only uses SNMP (read-only) to manage the devices.

Dear Sir

Tell now I am don't configured integration with ACS

I will go to my company in 29-4-2008 and I will tell you what I seen

You can see the current AAA mode under Common Services > Server > Security.

ahmed_saleh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir

I forget to ask you about my scenario this project include one main branch and redundant for main branch and 400 remote branches all 400 remote branches connect to main branch point to point over frame relay and anther link also point to point over frame relay connect to the redundant place

Between the main branch and the redundant place connection is SONT and CDP enabled

Also CDP enabled between the main branch and redundant please and all remote branches but when I write show CDP neighbor in any remote branches or in the main branch I cant see the neighbor put ping and telnet success between them. I am sure I am enabled CDP locally in all devices

Now I need you advice me .I will but all IP from switches in remote branches in seed device this is right case or wrong if this wrong please advice me ASAB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: