cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bidirectional L2L VPN tunnel PIX515E 6.3(5)

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

I have 5 different tunnels running on pix that are one way only meaning we initiate traffic to bring up the tunnels.

I need to create another tunnel but a bidirectional one, that either end can send interesting traffic to bring the tunnel up. Is there a specific command in 6.3.5 code that would allow me to tell the tunnel that is not only an initiator but also a responder, if not could this be done through the crypto acl for the specific tunnel?

Thanks

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jorge

Hope you are well - did you get that London site working on MPLS ?

There is no specific command to make a tunnel bi-directional. It is all done with your crypto map access-lists and your standard interface access-lists if you are using them.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jorge

Hope you are well - did you get that London site working on MPLS ?

There is no specific command to make a tunnel bi-directional. It is all done with your crypto map access-lists and your standard interface access-lists if you are using them.

Jon

Hi John, good to see you. hope you are doing well too.

That is what I thought on bidirectional I could not find relevant command but was not sure.

On the London we are still waiting for the circuits to be installed it takes a while, right now the office is vpning in, but going crazy geting the rest of the company cutover into mpls from prn but it is going ok so far.

Best Regards

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: