Level 1

Hi,

Kindly provide me information,

I m having CCO login account.but unable to download signature.how can i do it

6 Replies 6

rhermes
Level 7
Level 7

Please tell us what IPS device and version software you currently have, for example a 4240 sensor running 5.17E1.

Hi,

Thanks for ur response. We are planning to upgrade IDSM signatures...Currently running image file is

IDS-K9-sp-5.0-1.2- 03:30:00 UTC Thu Mar 17 2005

Help me out in this regards,,,,,,,,

You need more than just a signature update, you need at least a service pack or version update first.

All the current signature packs require you to run one of the "E1" versions of service packs. You will need to install either 5.1(7)E1 or 6.0(4)E1 before you are able to apply the latest signature update.

This version of software is quite old, indicating quite a period of neglect on your IDSM, do you have a current license on this?

You can apply a service pack to an unlicensed sensor, but you can't apply a sigupdate. Fortunately the service pack update the signatures as of their release date.

Thanks.So I have to upgrade E1 image file first.Then only i can go for signatures.I dont have license too.Then how to get the license... and i need so many questions in my mind..kindly clarify..

1. In which scenario license part is required in IDSM and IPS appliance too.

2.If i m going to initialise new IDSM r IPs box..How to procede in upgrading image,image service pack and signatures.

3.Config steps to upgrade image and signatures.

4.Best way of tuning the Intrusion detection and prevention techniques

I think simply i have asked all the IPS and IDS stuffs. Please provide me information..Thanks in advance.

Thanks.So I have to upgrade E1 image file first.Then only i can go for signatures.I dont have license too.Then how to get the license... and i need so many questions in my mind..kindly clarify..

1. In which scenario license part is required in IDSM and IPS appliance too.

2.If i m going to initialise new IDSM r IPs box..How to procede in upgrading image,image service pack and signatures.

3.Config steps to upgrade image and signatures.

4.Best way of tuning the Intrusion detection and prevention techniques

I think simply i have asked all the IPS and IDS stuffs. Please provide me information..Thanks in advance.

IDSM & IPS appliance require a license for applying signature updates. If you upgrade your IDSM sensor to IPS 6.0 , your sensor would automatically be running on E1.

This link should help you in configuring IPS 6.0 sensor.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/6.0/configuration/guide/cli/cliObtSW.html

Thanks

Udaya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: