cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advertise implicit-null label for static routes

calvin.chu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I want to ask if there is any way to change the label or stop adveritise label for an static route. Normally LDP advertises an Implicit Null label for directly connected routes. We want to do similar thing for static routes.

We need to do this is because somehow we need to do rate-limit on the PE interface connecting to the core network instead of the interface connecting to CE. As the incoming packets still got labelled, the rate-limit is skipped. So we want to stop the PE creates label for the static routes or advertises them with implicit null label. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Calvin,

Bear in mind that if you only enter the "no mpls ldp advertise-label" command, LDP will stop propagating all labels, which might not ba what you want. If you selectively want to propagate certain labels, then you need to also use "mpls advertise label for " as Shivlu suggested.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

you can create a acl and advertise the label only what you arelooking for.

no mpls advertise-label

mpls advertise label for

regards

shivlu

Thanks. "no mpls ldp advertise-label" works for me.

Calvin,

Bear in mind that if you only enter the "no mpls ldp advertise-label" command, LDP will stop propagating all labels, which might not ba what you want. If you selectively want to propagate certain labels, then you need to also use "mpls advertise label for " as Shivlu suggested.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Yes, I have both commands working for my case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: