cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hostname change in cnf database for LMS 2.6

sujesh
Level 1
Level 1

I renamed Ciscoworks LMS 2.6 hostname, suddenly all application stop working, using netpro post I found the problem, after I revert back the hostname application start working, but I have to change the hostname. As per the procedure I was trying to change the cnf database hostname , it says username or password incorrect. I tried all username and password but no luck, I used this command dbisqlc -c"uid=cmfDBA;pwd=dbpassword;eng=cmfEng;dbf=NMSROOT\databases\cmf\cmf.db" -q update PIDM_app_device_map SET app_hostname=`NewhostName' where app_hostname= `OldhostName' I want to solve this issue, please help me.

2 Replies 2

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

I'm assuming you're following the procedure outlined here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.0/user/guide/diagnos.html#wp1078582

Did you enter the command exactly like that (where pwd=dbpassword) or did you use the actual database password...or has that been forgotten? If it's still the default, that would be c2ky2k .

If you *have* changed the database password some time in the past and you just don't recall what the password was changed to, you can try resetting the cmf database pw as follows:

1) Stop the Daemon Manager

c:\net stop crmdmgtd

2) Change the CMF database password:

a-Go to the NMSROOT\CSCOpx\bin directory.

b-Run: perl.exe dbpasswd.pl dsn=cmf encryption=yes npwd=your_new_password_here

3) Start the Daemon Manager:

c:\net start crmdmgtd

Hope this helps,

-Joe R.

Thanks Joe,

This cisco works installation done by sombody else, and system administrator don't the password.This issue in one of my customer place,When i put this command"perl.exe dbpasswd.pldsn=cmfencryption=yesnpwd=your_new_password_here" System says datbase not found.

Anyway I will try once more.Thanks for your help Regards, Sujesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: