cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7941 stuck in "Upgrading" state.......

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I'm installing a new remote site to CM 4.1(3) and during one of my initial 7941 phone loads, during its "upgrading software" stage, the ethernet connection got disconnected. Now it just sits in an "upgrading" state. I've tried the Hail Mary factory reset #, 123456789*0# but it didn't help. I also kept it unplugged all weekend, and just reconnected it, but same thing. I've left it plugged in on Friday for several hours and the state did not change. (I've seen some wacky things with 7911s/7941s where leaving them off the network for several days, and then plugging them back in would assist in the initial load).

My question: has anyone ever successfully worked around a "disconnected-during-initial-phone-load" problem? I would think the prognosis is not good.

Thanks,

Mike.

5 Replies 5

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

Have you tried a different phone load?

Hi,

I have same problem with callmanager express 4.1.0 and phone load SCCP41.8-2-2SR1S of 7941.

Did you solve problem?

Thanks

I liked the idea and tried a different phone load, but the phone immediately goes to the "upgrading" screen from before after boot-up. Again, it had started to upgrade the newest phone load as dictated in device defaults but then the cable got disconnected. I think the phone is ready for the RMA depot.

malakaudawatta
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having the same problem with 7941 and 7961. If anyone having solution, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

In my case i forgot that in this case i don't have DHCP server with option 150 with TFTP server, after i config a dhcp with tftp option i solved my problem.

Best Regards,

MC