Sizing Exchange 2007 for Unity

Answered Question
Apr 28th, 2008
User Badges:

Greetings -

I have a customer that currently deploys Exchange 2003 housing approx. 350 email mailboxes. He looking to integrate a Cisco IPT solution (CUCM 6.1 and Unity 5.0). Before the IPT integration he wants me to install a new Exchange 2007 server. I would like to "size" the new Exchange 2007 server to take into consideration the Unity 5.0 install.

Does Cisco provide any "sizing" tools/documentation/recommendations for an Exchange 2007 server when integrating w/ Unity?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Joe

Correct Answer by Tommer Catlin about 9 years 3 months ago

It's not really sizing on the Exchange 2007 box that matters. What matters is how much space you are allocating to Voicemails. For instance, I think the ratio is 30 minutes of voicemails is about 15megs of space required. (at G711 codec)

So do the math:

350 mailboxes

30 minutes of voicemail recordings

15 megs per 30 minutes

350*15 megs = about 5gigs of extra space required.

People can of course more voicemails to "personal folders" and store them like any other email attatchment, etc.

hope this helps

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Tommer Catlin Mon, 04/28/2008 - 08:27
User Badges:
  • Green, 3000 points or more

It's not really sizing on the Exchange 2007 box that matters. What matters is how much space you are allocating to Voicemails. For instance, I think the ratio is 30 minutes of voicemails is about 15megs of space required. (at G711 codec)

So do the math:

350 mailboxes

30 minutes of voicemail recordings

15 megs per 30 minutes

350*15 megs = about 5gigs of extra space required.

People can of course more voicemails to "personal folders" and store them like any other email attatchment, etc.

hope this helps

j-shearer Mon, 04/28/2008 - 08:56
User Badges:

Thx.

The information you provided is very helpful. I was more-or-less looking for a rough calculation of VM storage.

Joe

Actions

This Discussion