cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Dial Peers

sequent-is
Level 1
Level 1

Have a customer that would like 4 digit ext dialing between their site with Cisco IPT and their main site with Avaya PBX. The main issue is that their Cisco IPT subnet does not have and cannot have visibiliity to the router at the Avaya site. Question is can we place a VOIP dial peer on the router at the ciso site that has a target of the ip of the Avaya site router. Then in the Avaya site router have a POTS peer that points to the fxs/fxo of the Avaya?

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, assuming there is IP connectivity between the 2 routers. Also, on the HQ router, you will need an inbound VOIP dial peer and an outbound POTS dial peer.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Brandon,

Thanks for the help. On the HQ router I am a bit confused on why i need an inbound voip peer. Shouldn't the pots peer match and force the call out the voice port? In the inbound voip peer what will be the target?

A successful call requires a match of an inbound and outbound dial peer. Take a look at the link below. So, this call will actually require 4 dial peers end to end. I didn't mention the incoming dial peer at the remote site because I figured call routing is already working and an incoming dial peer should already be matched.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010ae1c.shtml

The dial peers at the HQ will look something like:

dial-peer voice 1 voip

incoming called-number 5...

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 5...

forward-digits all

port 0/0/0

There obviously could be other options under the dial peers such as codec, etc. This may work without an explicit inbound dial peer as the default dial peer will be matched. I prefer to explicitly configure an inbound dial peer so that I know exactly what capabilitied will be provided.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: