Call Fwd to LD number

Unanswered Question
Apr 28th, 2008

I am having a problem forwarding to an LD number in CCM 4.1.3. This only works when the caller is internal or within the same local area code as the forwarded phone.

Anytime a caller from outside the area code calls in, and is forwarded to the LD number, it gets a message from telco indicating that LD is not assigned to the number.

I have changed my mask to present a local number to this phone and it works fine. I can see the debug that the call is leaving the gateway with the proper digits.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
hauchinango Mon, 05/05/2008 - 07:28

As noted in my initial post....

I have changed my mask to present a local number to this phone and it works fine. ***I can see the debug that the call is leaving the gateway with the proper digits*****

glenn.martindel... Mon, 05/05/2008 - 12:29

That may be your problem. Do you need to maintain redirecting number for inbound calls? I think this is typically used for certain VM integrations. If you do not need it, I would recommend unchecking it and restting your gateway. I'm not exactly sure why your LD provider is rejecting the call based on calling number but I suspect this may correct your problem. Let me know how it works out.

Glenn

hauchinango Thu, 05/15/2008 - 06:18

I unchecked this and the problem remains. Basically, the area code the IP phone resides in is xxx.

The phone I am calling from is area code phone number yyy-555-1111

So phone yyy calls xxx, and in the debug on xxx's gateway, the calling party number is displayed as yyy-555-1111. I suspect since this number is with another carrier, it is being rejected. I recently switched carriers and this started after I switched.

Actions

This Discussion