cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Fwd to LD number

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I am having a problem forwarding to an LD number in CCM 4.1.3. This only works when the caller is internal or within the same local area code as the forwarded phone.

Anytime a caller from outside the area code calls in, and is forwarded to the LD number, it gets a message from telco indicating that LD is not assigned to the number.

I have changed my mask to present a local number to this phone and it works fine. I can see the debug that the call is leaving the gateway with the proper digits.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

If you are configuring a forward number such that you can enter a PIN after a call has been answered remotely. This may be possible, but before we can get it set up, I need to know what kind of gateway you are using to get at the long distance number.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7920/firmware/1_0_9/english/release/notes/rn109.html

i am not using pin codes.

R

You have to have correct CSS for CFWD all.

As noted in my initial post....

I have changed my mask to present a local number to this phone and it works fine. ***I can see the debug that the call is leaving the gateway with the proper digits*****

Do you have any of the "redirecting number IE Delivery" check boxes checked on your gateways?

Yes, inbound is checked

That may be your problem. Do you need to maintain redirecting number for inbound calls? I think this is typically used for certain VM integrations. If you do not need it, I would recommend unchecking it and restting your gateway. I'm not exactly sure why your LD provider is rejecting the call based on calling number but I suspect this may correct your problem. Let me know how it works out.

Glenn

I unchecked this and the problem remains. Basically, the area code the IP phone resides in is xxx.

The phone I am calling from is area code phone number yyy-555-1111

So phone yyy calls xxx, and in the debug on xxx's gateway, the calling party number is displayed as yyy-555-1111. I suspect since this number is with another carrier, it is being rejected. I recently switched carriers and this started after I switched.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: