cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can you set a call type twice in the same script (call)?

kre8or2007
Level 1
Level 1

IPCC enterprise 7.1.5.0

I was wondering what would happen if you set a call type once and then set another one later in the script? Would it take away the first call type and just report the second when running a report, or would it show both for the same call?

3 Replies 3

leanne.peck
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can definately set multiple call types within the same script.

You will get a count of calls offered to the first call type but then it will show as 'flow out' in the call type report when it goes to the second call type.

The second call type will show a call offered (and potentially handled/abandoned etc) depending on how the call was completed.

I'm assuming you would use different call type names for these to get stats for specific purposes. For example calls to main Sales Script you might set 'Sales' Call Type then if call is in queue > 5min perhaps you overflow to voicemail or a busy message you could set a "Sales_Overflow' Call type to grab stats on when/how often this occurs.

Use the "Requalify Calltype" Node on your ICM script to achieve that.

You need to understand the difference.

Requalify Calltype sets a new call type, but forces the call flow to leave the current script and go through the script attached to that call type. It's cumbersome and not intuitive.

I have never used that node. I would rather set the call type, and use a "Go To Script" node.

To each, his own of course.

Regards,

Geoff