cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UTU not find device by host name

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed UTU 1.1.1 on my descktop.

I can find device by ip address but not by device name. what need to do able to track by host name?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you want to do partial matches, use a '*' character. For example, to find all end hosts with a hostname of computer, search for "computer*". If you leave out the asterisk, then you only get an exact match.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UTU searches for end host by hostname, not the device hostname. Make sure you are searching for the hostname of the end host client.

can you explain to me the 2 difference.exapmle

my PC full name is "computer.company.net" so the host name is computer. what is the device host name?I'm not tracking switch or router.on CW user tracking the End host name is listed.I have used that name for search.

Thank you so much

Eli

thank you J. actually I found out the problem. I have to use full qualified name. "computer.company.net" instead of just "computer" am I correct ? hope so!!!

If you want to do partial matches, use a '*' character. For example, to find all end hosts with a hostname of computer, search for "computer*". If you leave out the asterisk, then you only get an exact match.

WOW...a great solution!!! thanks a lot!!