IPv6

Unanswered Question
Apr 28th, 2008

CCNA Tutor/Moderator:

I would like to know if one should expect to see/prepare for router config IPv6 Simulations or only the IPv6 basics on the ICND2 test? I am up for recert very soon. Thanks,KDM

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jrensink78 Mon, 04/28/2008 - 12:35

I don't think anyone should say yes or no to that question based on experience due to the non-disclosure agreement.

But a good source for this type of info is the exam blueprint. Looking at the ICND2 exam blueprint, here are the 2 line items that specifically mention ipv6.

* Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 (including: protocols, dual stack, tunneling, etc)

* Describe IPv6 addresses

They do not mention troubleshooting or configuring, so you would probably not see a simulator question in regards to ipv6. Although there is a general IP line item in the exam blueprint listed below that may entail ipv6 (even though it's not explicitly mentioned).

* Identify and correct common problems associated with IP addressing and host configurations

But even that doesn't use the key word "configure". So I would put the chance of seeing ipv6 simulator questions at a low likeliness based upon the exam blueprint info.

BTW, I have not taken the ICND2 test myself. So this is all assumption based upon the blueprint.

Actions

This Discussion