cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PROBLEM: external calls on 7941 phone forwarded to Sprint cell phone

maryclegg
Level 1
Level 1

A user does a CFwdAll on a 7941 phone to a Sprint cell phone. Internal calls go to the cell phone and ring and can be answered or will eventually go to cell phone voice mail. External calls will ring one time on cell phone and that is it. The caller will hear continuous ringing but will not go to cell VM.

Callee cannot answer call on cell phone even if do so by first ring - in this scenario the caller still just hears ringing even though callee attempted to answer. AT&T / Cingular cell phones work fine. So far it is just the Sprint cell. Any ideas?? We are on Call Manager 4.2; Unity 4.0 Build 4.0(5)

5 Replies 5

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

who is your PSTN Carrier?

Verizon would be our PSTN. I have since tested with Alltell and Verizon cell phones and they work fine. Still just pointing to the Sprint cell phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Mary,

Time to turf Sprint (just kidding ;-)

Have you tried playing with these settings on the DN Page for the user who is forwarding to their Sprint Mobile?

Forwarded Call Information Display

Caller Name

Caller Number

Redirected Number

Dialed Number

It sounds like Sprint doesn't like the way the forwarded call is being presented.

Let us know,

Rob

Rob, I was just getting ready to play with Forwarded Call Information Display but all of sudden today it was working. It has not worked since last Friday and today it is working and I have made no changes. Honest, I have witnesses that it was not working. I had opened a TAC service request and sent them several traces and debugs but that is all I have done. Thanks, though for your response and interest.

Hey Mary,

Well it's always great when things work out like this (I wish it happened more often :)

I guess we should have figured out that if this was working with all of the other Cellular providers you listed that it may have been a problem "outside" of your CCM.

We broke the standard troubleshooting "rule of thumb"

Start with the simple and work towards the complex ;-)

Glad to hear it worked out!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: