Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Auto Registration Issue

rcrumm_2
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I am using ccm 4.1.3 and we have auro registration configured and working. But the issue is when al the numbers have been used, the next phone gets an "Error DBConfig"

The phone will not look at the start of the range. It just errors out and we have to manually free up numbers.

Any idea how to make the phones begin searching the range again?

Thanks,

Randall

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have to go back into the CUCM and go to the

Route Plan

Route Plan report

Select Unassigned DN

Find the DNs that were in your Auto-reg pool and delete them. This will effectively put them back in the pool.

It's the only way it works this way. (at least I have found)

it's not recommended to do this but if you go to the CUCM DB under the callmanager table you will see the autoregistration range parameters, one of those is the next DN to be assigned. manually change it to the start of your range.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello randall,

you need to restart the CallManager by going to system> cisco Unified CallManager (select the callManager server)> reset devices.

By doing so, you will experience all the phones connected to that CallManager resetting. therefore you may want to do this during maitainance/off peak hours. Let us know how this went.

Why would you need to restart callmanager to reset the pool?

The auto registered extensions are not going to magically be freed up after that.

The are still unassigned DNs in the system. Meaning, the extensions have been used, but not assigned to a device. The only way for them to be used again would be to delete the unassigned DNs that were used for the pool.

I apologize for confusing anyone here. my reply was based on primarily 2 assumptions.

1. The auto-registered numbers are striclty for getting the MAC address of the IP phones, so that the phones can be reconfigured later based on priority of the user

2. If for some reason, the initially assigned auto-registered DN's were deleted, the reset devices on the CallManager server page would reassign the DN.

Hello,

I am too facing the same issue...Cleared the unassigned DN's as well but to no avail...still getting the same error. Plz help..badly stuck:(

Thanks & Regards,

Siddharth