cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when adding/creating users in Fabric Manager 3.1(2b)

banuela2
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to delete a user under Fabric Manager -> Users and Roles... -> Users and receive the error "Privacy Unsopported for this User" or "The Current User is not operating at authPriv SNMPv3 security level. Failed. Same thing happens when I try to create a user ("Privacy Unsopported")

When I open fabric Manager I use localhost with admin/password (SNMP Proxy checked). Then I use my account to discover the Fabric (with Use SNMPv3 and SHA)

What am I doing wrong? Even if I define the user as a local FM User, the account cannot discover/manage the fabric. We can still manage the Fabric but only through one account that is defined as the SNMPv3 user under Server/Admin...

1 Reply 1

dmcloon
Level 1
Level 1

You are using user 'admin'. By default snmpv3 privacy password is not set for user admin.

In order to delete users under FM 3.1, you first need to be logged into FM using an snmp user that has a privacy password set (via CLI) and then specified in the FM login box privacy field.

To set a privacy password in CLI,

switch(config)#snmp-server user admin auth md5 priv

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: