Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO NETWORK ASSISTANCE UPGRADE ERROR

dtanaka
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3.

CNA displays window ERROR:APPLICATION UPDATES X unable to connect to cisco.com OK

I got this by APPLICATION UPDATES. I checked the PREFERENCE and I'm not sure what the paramters should be for PROXY SERVERS. I don't what to loose my previous created COMMUNITES.

Security allowed my through to cisco.com.

3 Replies 3

aborole
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If CNA cannot access cisco.com but if you can get the installer for CNA 5.3 somehow you can still do a full installation without losing the previously created communities. The user data, communities, preferences etc are stored under your home directory and they are not lost when you uninstall CNA or install a newer version.

aborole
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If CNA cannot access cisco.com but if you can get the installer for CNA 5.3 somehow you can still do a full installation without losing the previously created communities. The user data, communities, preferences etc are stored under your home directory and they are not lost when you uninstall CNA or install a newer version.

dtanaka
Level 1
Level 1

OK...I feel better now. 5.3 came up fine. Thanks for the quick reply to my post. It is nice to know i can install the new upgrade in the future without losing the communites...Thanks for the help.