Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi-Layer 4507 R series

lazon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I am new to core switches and I have a Cisco Mutilayer 4507R switch which serves as our main core switch. Right now the (WS-X4548-GB-RJ45) expansion module is almost filled out and I am planning to add 1 more. Can somebody please help me on how to configure additional expansion module. Right now the IOS version is 12.2 and 1 WS-X4515 Supervisor engine IV. I really appreciate whatever tips and help you may offer. Thank you in advance.

-chie

4 Replies 4

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Chie,

There really is no configuration necessary to add a new line card to a 4507. After you install the module you can configure the ports as they are needed, you can also use the "interface range" command and configure them all at once.

Mark

Mark,

So your saying just plug-in the new line card and its ready to go. Thanks for your response.

-chie

Yes, when you put the module in the switch will adjust the config accordingly for your new module with the defaults. Then you can configure the interfaces with whatever you need them to do. You don't have to do anything before adding the module, but I do suggest backing up your config beforehand

Mark

Thanks for your help mark.

-chie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card