Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving Unity Admin account mailboxes

maloyal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Unity 5 install with a single partner Exchange 2003 server.

If I want to move not only subscriber mailboxes to a different mailbox store as well like the Example Administrator...is there anything special I need to do or can I just use the Move Mailbox wizard?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

There are Unity system mailboxes that require special handling, see this link to see what those are - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/maintenance/guide/ex/5xcumge060.html#wp1068911

Other accounts can be handled using the Move Mailbox wizard.

Ginger

Thank you Ginger!

I don't see anything regarding moving the EAdmin (Example Administrator) account?

Also, the info regarding the Unity Messaging system account only relates to changing the Partner Exchange server? I'm only looking to move the accounts to another mailbox store within the same storage group.

The last account I have is the USbms account which I do see instructions on.

Hello again -

The EAdmin account can be moved using the Move Mailbox function in ADUC. For the unity__servername mailbox, here is what I would do following the move (to the same server, but different mailbox store):

To prevent messages from unidentified callers from getting stuck in the Unity Messaging Repository (UMR) after the move, do the following sub-steps:

a. On the Windows Start menu, click Programs > Administrative Tools > Services.

b. From the Services window, stop and restart the AvUMRSyncSvr service.

This does not take any services down. I would test leaving a voice message from an external caller to confirm the mailbox is working following the move. Also, make sure you've run the permissions wizard on the new storage group/stores.

Ginger

Ginger...I moved my mailbox to the new store and after i could successfully connect with Outlook, I tried to log into my VM box and I got the "The Messaging Store is off-line."

I left a test voicemail from an external number and it never got delivered to my mailbox.

I go this help doc regarding the Unity Perms Wizard: http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_Maven.htm#_Permission_Detail

I don't see any where that it applies to mailbox stores or storage groups. My new mailbox store is within the same storage group, so I woulda thought I wouldn't have to run the wizard.

I haven't run the wizard yet because I'm a little leery that it might change some of the currently configured values.

Sorry, don't mean to be a pest, but this install is just a few months old and I am totally unfamiliar with any of the VoIP products.

Thanks for your help

Hi -

P.S. It never hurts to run the permissions wizard. It is typically run after hours though. Since you left an external voice message, I can bet the message is in your UnityMTA folder or UnityMTA\Failed folder. If it is in the UnityMTA folder, stop/restart the AvUMRSyncSvr service. If the voice message is in the UnityMTA\Failed folder, move it first back to the UnityMTA folder. Stopping/restarting the service I mentioned should get it routed to your inbox, unless something else is wrong. Are you seeing any errors in the application event log indicating Unity is having trouble talking to Exchange?

Ginger

You do need to re-run permissions wizard to give the mailstore the permissions. You will see it in PW when you run it.

If it still does not work run MSCW too.

rlp (hope this helps)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: