Views
Helpful
Replies

Assistance Configuring ISR2811 Behind Dynamic IP Comcast Cable Modem

wil.cassell
Level 1
Level 1

I am attaching two files:

1. ISR2811-to-CM is the configuration for the router that is behind Comcast Cable Modem.

2. DHCP-Debug is the debug monitor report for DHCP behavior.

I am almost left to believe that Camcast may be filtering dynamic DHCP.

Thanks for the help.

Wil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sure.

If you could, mark this as "solved" for others.

Thanks. Glad I could help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

a.cruea1980
Level 3
Level 3

For one, I can tell you that you don't need your ip route. DHCP will give you your route.

Have you reset your modem since hooking your router up to it? If there was a device on your modem before hand, the modem may need power-cycled.

Other than that, your config for fa0/1 looks fine, but set duplex to auto as you have "speed" set, too.

Yes, a wireless router was previously connected to the cable modem. The effort is to replace it with the 2811. No, I did not power cycle the cable modem after connecting the 2811 to it. I will try that and configure the speed on Fa0/1 to auto consistent with the duplex. Good suggestions. Thanks.

Sure. Just let us know if it works.

Thanks again. It works just fine now. I power cycled the Cable Modem and adjusted the interface speed to auto consistent with the duplex.

Onto tinkering with IPS now.

Thanks again.

Sure.

If you could, mark this as "solved" for others.

Thanks. Glad I could help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: