BVI and HSRP

Unanswered Question
Apr 28th, 2008
User Badges:

We have two core 1 & 2 two routers R1 & R2. Both routers are connected to both the switches. For this I have created BVI interface in the routers.

L2 etherchannel is running between the core 1 & 2. HSRP is running between the cores for all the vlan interfaces. All this four devices are in the same VLAN for example 10.

I kept core 1 as root for vlan 10 and active for HSRP. Now my problem is from Core 2 I am not able to ping router 2 which is directly connected. But the same router R2 is reachable to any host in any vlan from the network.

If I made Core2 as root for Vlan 10 and still HSRP active in Core 1, I am able to ping the router R1 & R2. But i dont need this because there more devices in vlan 10 which are only connected to Core 1.

So I need to have core 1 as root for Vlan 10 also HSRP should active.

Why i am not able to ping from Core 2 to ping router R2. How to acheive this ?

Attachment: 
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pradeepkum Tue, 05/06/2008 - 02:16
User Badges:

Hi,

Are you talking about the router interfaces bcoz i don't have any subinterfaces. I have attached the configration with different IPs of the 4 devices Core 1 & 2, router 1 & 2 in a single attachment.

Note- All the IPs are in vlan 10 and the core 1 is root for Vlan 10 and active for HSRP. From core 2 i am not able to ping router 2 which is directly connected. For remaining all vlans router 2 is reachable.

Attachment: 

Actions

This Discussion