cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

enterprise edge model

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all when using cisco sona approach, if I was to connect my wan routers to my network, where should they connect? would I connect them into my enterprise edge distribution switches, or would I have the 3 layer model and connect them to access switches which then connect to distribution switches ?

3 Replies 3

Jason Fraioli
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, the Service Provider Edge connects to your Enterprise Edge. Your Enterprise Edge connects to your Edge Distribution, then on to the Campus Core.

Good info on this in the Official CiscoPress CCDA book.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and you mention WAN routers. In CCDA terms, WAN and Internet are not the same...MPLS, ATM, Frame Relay, MAN.

If you are referring to the WAN, then your SP Edge connects to your Enterprise WAN, in the Enterprise Edge Module.

Just keep in mind, especially for the test, that Internet and WAN are not the same thing.

so if I had a wan router to my other office, would this connect to my edge distrubution ?

No Sir, It would connect to the Enterprise WAN of the Enterprise Edge.

Your Enterprise Edge would connect to the Edge Distribution which is located inside the Enterprise Campus.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco