QoS

1. Quality of service solutions

2. Classification

3. Congestion management, congestion avoidance

4. Policing and shaping

5. Signaling

6. Link efficiency mechanisms

7. Modular QoS command line

It's not very clear, does anyone knows if you can get both (legacy and MQC) ways to configure QoS? Can they ask you to configure QoS in the legacy way or you can choose? How about FRTS?

Thanks,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
svermill Tue, 04/29/2008 - 05:00

Hey Enrique,

You can't really expect a definitive answer to these questions as it would require somebody to break the NDA and lose their hard-earned CCIE. But you really should have a good read of the recent "Ask the Experts" that Maurilio Gorito just hosted for R&S. IIRC, a similar question was posed and Maurilio did offer something of an answer (he can do that - the rest of us can't).

Just some general advice would be that if there is two (or three or four) ways to go about a certain thing, either know all of them or know where to find all of them on the DocCD. A given task could place any arbitrary number and type of restrictions on you and you'll be expected to render a workable solution. So basically leave no stone unturned in your lap prep would be sound advice to follow.

Best wishes!

Scott

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Expert%20Archive&topic=Career%20Certifications&topicID=.ee7f99b&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.2cbffabc

(BTW, if you really want to dig deep, you can find another of these from late last year)

enriquebs Tue, 04/29/2008 - 05:10

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for the response, I thought that maybe there was any place with a more clear information about it. So, if there is any possibility of getting it I'll go through the documentation.

Thanks a lot!

svermill Tue, 04/29/2008 - 14:45

Hey Enrique,

Sure, you're quite welcome. Unfortunately, all we really have to go by is these blueprints and the "Ask the Experts," which are invaluable in my opinion. I'm in the same boat, actually. Trying to decipher the Service Provider written and lab blueprints can be a real frustration at times. Just part of the torture process I suppose...

Actions

This Discussion