Views
Helpful
Replies

Egress Netflow accouting of IP traffic on catalyst 6500

cisco_query
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to capture incomming as well as outgoing IP traffic on an interface using netflow configuration. For incoming traffic ,I can use ip flow ingress or ip route-cache flow.

For egress traffic , can I use ip flow egress in catalyst 6500.?

In doucments I can see ,egress flow accounting for multicast traffic in catalyst 6500, but not with Ip traffic.

In router from IOS 12.3(11)T, ip flow egress command is present. if this command is supported in catalyst 6500, please let me know from which IOS, Supervisor and PFC it is supported.

Thank you,

Peter

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm sorry but Egress NetFlow isn't supported in the Catalyst 6500.

__

Edison.

Hi,

So if I want to capture traffic out only one specific interface is there any option to do that in catalyst 6500.

If I made only that specific interface in another vlan and if under the interface vlan , I give "ip flow ingress" will this capture the outgoing traffic through the interface while it is doing intervlan routing. Also is it must to give ip address in that vlan interface ? Please clarify.

skottola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

you can use ip flow egress interface level command  to capture outbound packets, it is supported from netflow ver 9.

Shaji

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card