cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1200 print issue

a.mir
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Cisco AP 1200 that has been configured with the standard config. Users have no issues authenticating and associating with the AP, however, they can't seem to print from it. They can print with a wired connection and I can ping the printer from the AP. Can you anyone pls help? The

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

If you can't ping the printer from the wireless station, then it is a vlan issue. You might have your backbone network setup so you can ping everything on your network, i.e. you can ping the printer from the access point. However, a ping from the computer would fail. Check your vlan setup or let me know if you can ping from the wireless clients.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi, Thanks for the response. I can ping the printer both from ap station and from the wireless user. It just doesnt print. looks like the connectivity is there with wireless but it doesnt print. But the printer works with the wired connection.

I don't think this is a wireless issue,

try using different drivers and troubleshooting the printer setup. Check spooling.

I'm throwing out ideas.

Thanks,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card