cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to clear single arp entry in 7500 series routers

suhaila
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a command to clear single/dynamic arp entry speicific to a paritcular IP or interface on 7513 & 7507 routers. We do not want to clear complete arp table. If there is any command avialable please assist.

Thanks

Suhaila Ahmed

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Suhaila

I do not have a 7507 or 7513 to test on, and there may be differences in the version of code that you are running compared to what I am running or platform differences. But on my routers there is an option to clear arp A.B.C.D which allows you to clear the ARP entry for a specific IP address. Does that option exist on your routers?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I have never seen anything like this , but I haven't really looked at the newer boxes. i can almost guarantee an old box like a 7513 does not have anything like that.

Thanks Rick,

No there is no option to put ip address, there are 12.1 & 12.2 codes running. It only has clear arp-cache command which will clear complete arp table which is not desirable.

Thanks

Suhaila

Suhaila

If you do not have those commands then you do not have the option to selectively clear the ARP cache.

Perhaps you could tell us why you want to clear an entry in the ARP cache? Perhaps there is some other alternative that we might think of. If you are using default values then the ARP entries are cleared after 4 hours. Would the normal clearing of the entry accomplish what you need?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

m_zabetian
Level 1
Level 1

I use this command most of the time :)

clear ip arp A.B.C.D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card