Possible to copy a phone setup to a different phone?

Answered Question
Apr 29th, 2008

I have a user who is already setup with a phone. We are upgrading him to a Global Gig phone. Is there anyway that I can just copy the existing configuration in CM and apply it to the new Global Gig phone?

Correct Answer by Rob Huffman about 8 years 9 months ago

Hi Dustin,

CCM will see these as two distinct models so you can't copy :( but if you install the new 7941G-GE and use the exact same DN as the old phone a fair bit of info will carry across :) You can also go back to the old one afterwords and propogate the names etc.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Rob Huffman Tue, 04/29/2008 - 07:32

Hi Dustin,

There is no way to copy between different models ie: 7940 to 7941. You can Copy and Copy with Lines (on newer CCM Versions) if the model is the same ie: 7961 to 7961. If you install the new phone before removing the old one quite a bit of info does get automatically entered with the Shared Line (when the DN is entered on the new phone)

Hope this helps!

Rob

DMobley1022 Tue, 04/29/2008 - 07:46

The user is going from a Regular 7941 to a 7941 Global Gig phone.

We are using CCM 6.

So from CCM 6 should I try using the copy command or are you suggesting that I install the phone and then from CM enter the DN to the new phone and a lot of info will be carried over that way?

Correct Answer
Rob Huffman Tue, 04/29/2008 - 07:56

Hi Dustin,

CCM will see these as two distinct models so you can't copy :( but if you install the new 7941G-GE and use the exact same DN as the old phone a fair bit of info will carry across :) You can also go back to the old one afterwords and propogate the names etc.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion