cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Antispam Region Setting Resets after Upgrade

aliebrahim
Level 1
Level 1

After every Ironport version upgrade (major or minor), I always get the following error email:

update - case - The region you have selected for IronPort Anti-Spam scanning is no
longer valid. Please use the antispamconfig command in the CLI or the
IronPort Anti-Spam page from the Security Services tab in the GUI to
select a new region. For now your MGA has been set back to the default
settings and you will not receive this message again.

Version: 6.1.0-304
Serial Number:
Timestamp: 29 Apr 2008 14:01:44 +0800

I am located in Hong Kong so I always keep this set to China. After every upgrade, it's reset and I get this notice email. After the rules update again, the China options become available again and I can re-set this option. However, this is rather annoying.

Can't it remember between upgrades like all of the other settings?

3 Replies 3

karlyoun
Level 1
Level 1

After every Ironport version upgrade (major or minor), I always get the following error email:

update - case - The region you have selected for IronPort Anti-Spam scanning is no longer valid. Please use the antispamconfig command in the CLI or the IronPort Anti-Spam page from the Security Services tab in the GUI to select a new region. For now your MGA has been set back to the default settings and you will not receive this message again.

Version: 6.1.0-304
Serial Number:
Timestamp: 29 Apr 2008 14:01:44 +0800

I am located in Hong Kong so I always keep this set to China. After every upgrade, it's reset and I get this notice email. After the rules update again, the China options become available again and I can re-set this option. However, this is rather annoying.

I'll see what I can find out about this.

Karl Young
Product Support Engineer
IronPort Systems

karlyoun
Level 1
Level 1

update - case - The region you have selected for IronPort Anti-Spam scanning is no
longer valid. Please use the antispamconfig command in the CLI or the
IronPort Anti-Spam page from the Security Services tab in the GUI to
select a new region. For now your MGA has been set back to the default
settings and you will not receive this message again.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have reproduced the behavior you describe, and have filed defect 41666. Probably the earliest we might see a fix released is in late Q3/early Q4.

Karl Young
Product Support Engineer
IronPort System

aliebrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for looking into this and I look forward to seeing a fix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: