CVoice ver5 or ver6 study guides

Unanswered Question
Apr 29th, 2008

I see that that V5 cert test for CVoice is going away in July 08. I was reading the Cisco Press CVoice study guide (2nd ed.)

Anyone know if this is adequate to study for the new V6 cert test? Or, is there a study program out there to prepare for CVoice V6 cert exam?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
vr2zjw Fri, 05/02/2008 - 08:19

I would say CVoice 6 is merging of Cvoice 5 & GWGK 2 course, that's why GWGK is no longer necessary on the version 6 track of CCVP.

dgalati000 Fri, 05/02/2008 - 13:03

Hi, could you restate your comment? Some of your words make the sentence not make sense. For instance: "merging of Cvoice...." and "necessary on the version 6......"

jonmo2578 Tue, 05/06/2008 - 08:05

I was wondering about this the other day too.. Just completed the QOS exam and the next obvious choice was the CVoice..

Problem is the Cisco study guide for the new 642-436 does not come out till the end of June..

Would prefer to do this one, however, I dont fancy sitting around for 2months, so Im going to try and get the older exam out the way before the closing date.. plus there will be more learning material around for the 642-432..

dgalati000 Tue, 05/06/2008 - 09:23

How was the QOS exam?

The V5 CVoice Study Guide (cisco press) is very simple but good. Yes, I plan to take the V5 exam before end of life in july 08.

Still looking for a clarification the merging of the courses in the CCVP track.

jonmo2578 Wed, 05/07/2008 - 00:26

Hey guys..

Thanks for sending the outline.very useful and does look more interesting...

However, due to lack of material out their for the newer exam I think Im still going to study for the older one..

In regards to the QOS.. I found it pretty straight forward. I had just finished my CCNA and thought it would be better to do the QOS exam first.

There was a bit of debate on this forum regarding the accuracy of the Cisco blueprint.. I found that the Official Cisco QOS exam study guide covered everything in the exam.. Best of luck..

geetsingh22 Thu, 05/15/2008 - 20:41

Can u send me the study material for Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Part 1 (CIPT1 v6.0) .

This Discussion