cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP PRI - Missing Something

demay
Level 1
Level 1

I inherited a CallManager 3.3 setup and several remote locations, all of which use the CallManager 3.3 cluster at our central location. One of these remote locations has a PRI coming into their site (2600XL) configured to use MGCP. It all works great. I was going to change where one of the numbers coming across the PRI to a new destination, but there are no translation patterns on the CallManager related to this PRI. How are these PRI numbers being directed to the correct extensions? Where do I need to look? As it is MGCP, I thought the CallManager handled all the dial plan information, but I can;t find where it's at! Any help would be appreciated.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you might have DIDs

suppose the external number is

875 398 8710

then the ip phone DN should be 8710, you set the GW to only use the last 4 digits to route the call. or maybe the telco is already sending only the last 4 digits.

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Thank you for the reply javalenc. I already thought of that, but unless the telco is sending over digits completey foreign to the original number called, this is not the case. For instance, an 800 number would be 18007653216 and it rings on extension 8897. Again, there is no translation pattern regarding this connection. Still stuck!

the only way to find out for sure what the telco sends is to do a debug isdn q931 and look at the setup message.

if that does not matches anything then probably a CUCM trace with complex digit analysis would provide the answer

are you sure there is nothing else that matches that?? a hunt pilot?? maybe not an exact match for a TP but something with wildcards that you overlooked?

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi Paul,

Toll Free 1-800, 1-888 etc are translated by the Telco so you won't see anything in CCM. In your example, 18007653216 would be set to terminate on xxx-8897. If you needed to change where the 1-800 terms you would need to contact the Telco provider. I'm sure Jaime is correct in that you probably have DID (Direct In Dial) numbers.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks everyone - that answered my question. The only other place I supported with a PRI I had direct translation patterns changing the inbound numbers directly. These are coming across already as extensions so that is the asnwer. Still a noob! Thanks again!

yxsjwsb
Level 1
Level 1

If you need an easy way to keep up with the numbers your PRI is sending/receiving try this program out,

http://www.download.com/E1-PRI-Debugger-Full-for-Voip-Platforms/3000-2085_4-10831966.html?cdlPid=10832519