cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sessions Behind PIX

imranraheel
Level 1
Level 1

I have 10 servers behind pix running multiple applications and clients are connected to them only when i allow there IP . But i want to manage a log file so every 1 passing PIX will be logged is there any way to do this. Is it possible using SYSLog

4 Replies 4

rkazmierczak
Level 1
Level 1

I am not sure what reason for that is but if want to know who and when is accessing the server, you could use authentication proxy on the pix.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/fwaaa.html#wp1043431

Rafal

basically one of the user is not been able to connect to a port , so i want to verify weather he is reachinging the server or is blocked on firewall

for this kind of troubleshooting I would use either traffic capture on the PIX or even a sniffer (e.g. wireshark). You can SPAN the port on the switch and filter the traffic capture by ip address.

On the pix you can also use sh local-host command, but that info would guarantee that all is working OK.

Is there any other why through which i can monitor the IP's. Using SYSlog etc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card