cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP connection direct to CCM

MICHAEL CARTER
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure a SIP line-side connection directly on CCM 6.x? I've seen the CUBE feature for a SIP trunk, but the SP is providing a SIP line connection (ie they expect a SIP phone on the other end), however - is it possible to achieve this from the CCM?

My customer tells me that with their old Aastra system making these connections was no problem - and now they are quite annoyed that they can't seem to achieve the same with the CCM.

Any help or comments appreciated...

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

It should work

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmcfg/b09sip3p.html

A partner in UK opened a case last week i believe and we managed to configure a line in CCM.

You may ask your provider which parameters they will be sending

HTH

MICHAEL CARTER
Level 1
Level 1

Well after months of trying to get a Cisco solution to work I gave up. I tried multiple direct SIP configurations, CUBE, etc., but to no avail. TAC told me what I was attempting was not supported.

Finally I just placed a trixbox server on a laptop and configured a SIP trunk to the CUCM. The trixbox has SIP trunks out to the SIP service providers. This solution works really well and the customer is extremely happy to have it working! Just wish I did this months ago!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: